Homophobia
Yes. Maybe bishop didn’t was as inventive as one Polish guy may think but in my opinion he is still a brave person. Because why I couldn’t change my attitude toward homosexual people before I left catholic country, before I reached for that book?
I noticed for the first time that bible is full of contradictions. Even the issue of divinity of Jesus is not clear. Is he considered as a God from the moment of resurrection or maybe from the moment when Holy Spirit has visited a womb of Mary – Joseph’s wife?
Homosexuality is wrong, is sick, and is evil perversion. Priests are able to use much more negative epithets on that topic. What is a basis for it? “There is not one reference to homosexuality in any of the 4 Gospels” (page 135). I do not believe that Jesus was blind.
Bible is such a big book but with so little about homosexuality in there. The major reference is found in one place in Old Testament. But this part of Bible describes time on be-or-not-to-be of small tribe during the exile. They had a strong will to survive. Reproduction was a key issue. From that point of view lack of references to female homosexuality makes perfect sense. No single seed was wasted in between two women. Today we start to understand that homosexuality does not depend on one’s family or environment. It is simply encoded somewhere deep in DNA or so. Lack of knowledge is the best ground to grow prejudices.
I noticed for the first time that bible is full of contradictions. Even the issue of divinity of Jesus is not clear. Is he considered as a God from the moment of resurrection or maybe from the moment when Holy Spirit has visited a womb of Mary – Joseph’s wife?
Homosexuality is wrong, is sick, and is evil perversion. Priests are able to use much more negative epithets on that topic. What is a basis for it? “There is not one reference to homosexuality in any of the 4 Gospels” (page 135). I do not believe that Jesus was blind.
Bible is such a big book but with so little about homosexuality in there. The major reference is found in one place in Old Testament. But this part of Bible describes time on be-or-not-to-be of small tribe during the exile. They had a strong will to survive. Reproduction was a key issue. From that point of view lack of references to female homosexuality makes perfect sense. No single seed was wasted in between two women. Today we start to understand that homosexuality does not depend on one’s family or environment. It is simply encoded somewhere deep in DNA or so. Lack of knowledge is the best ground to grow prejudices.
Ha - I agree - its interesting how people pick out bits of the bible and ignore others:) Someone once said: The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't
ReplyDeletemean that God doesn't love heterosexuals.
It's just that they need more supervision.
hm, to w koncu masz negatywny stosunek do homoseksualnych? a spotkales jakichs juz? :) /Spajs
ReplyDeleteYes Bartek. I met already few of them : ) A
ReplyDelete