My First Day at Work
Ach, Australia : ) Laid back, with no-worries attitude. Nevertheless I am full of gratitude to all people who gave me a chance to work for Macquarie University. I had my nearly 2 years long break in mental activity. I am very happy I can read books again and discover the secrets of life around us via science.
It was a day of a lot of goings. I got forms in one office then after I filled them up I had to find another office and so on and so forth. I was also given a thick file to read. Usually noone is reading it : ). Look at the name of it : Enterprise Agreement. The title itself says that you are going to get in touch with boredom. But I put up a fight : ) I read almost every single page of nearly 100 of them. And to my surprise you can find some entertaining information in there as well. What more, I feel like my vocabulary is enriched again:
It was a day of a lot of goings. I got forms in one office then after I filled them up I had to find another office and so on and so forth. I was also given a thick file to read. Usually noone is reading it : ). Look at the name of it : Enterprise Agreement. The title itself says that you are going to get in touch with boredom. But I put up a fight : ) I read almost every single page of nearly 100 of them. And to my surprise you can find some entertaining information in there as well. What more, I feel like my vocabulary is enriched again:
2.8.13. Point about being drunk at workplace. If I decide to come to work under influence of alcohol I may be either consider as a sick man or I need to step out of office and take my time to obtain “acceptable level of sobriety” :)))))))
2.9.2. I have a right to intellectual freedom that is “The right to express unpopular or controversial views”. Mmmmm, I like it!
4.4.1. “A General Staff Member (which is me) will not be required to work more than 5 hours without a meal break.” And of course the break should be minimum 30 minutes. Man! I feel like Big Mama is watching me. I feel safe. Food is very important thing in my life. Even my girl says I eat too much in relation to my skinny body : ) I am sure Uni Mama will change my posture.
Page nr 80, Level E – Even the ladder of every research assistant is already set up and described. Each step in this ladder is called level. The top one is level E. It says that: I will typically have achieved international recognition, through original, innovative and distinguished contribution to my field of research ( which is plant ecology). It all sounds like something unbelievable, impossible to do. But looking at my Professor who is around 50 years old I also can see a young boy lost in the company of all those wise asses around him : )
From today on I give up publishing posts in Polish in here. Since my girl is away, my life is full of changes, head full of thoughts and I don’t have babies I decided to write simultaneously my Polish blog. It seems that I am blog freak. Kate! You do not have to buy Polish – English dictionary : ) – one day we will visit you in New Castle and I will translate it all for you : )
Great! I can;t wait to hav eyou guys here for a visit. And make sure you come before it gets too cold for the beach. But I am still considering at least borrowing a dictionary from the library - the lyrics from that song are so great! I want to hear translations of more Polish songs (and maybe even make my own?).
ReplyDelete:)))))
ReplyDeleteI have a great fan in You Kate. It looks like You got infected by Polish culture and Polish view on Life : )It stimulates me very much to write more.
I wonder what is cold for You? I ve learnt to swim even in freezing cold lake. It was in Estonia and sauna has to be just next to.