Risky Climate
An ad on main page of my uni + interesting description made us go to the lecture of Peter Singer:
Subconsciously I have more respect to the professors who try to look in a dissent way. Suit is a standard, they are usually shaved too : ). Peter Singer didn't bother to look good. But OK. I put off all the prejudices and I decided to stay and to listen to his lecture on "Climate Change".
There was nothing new to me about this topic. I think I repeat myself if I say we witness the birth of new religion: Climatology. Peter is like one of its Apostles. He is vegan, he is enlightened. I had a fun on producing new Decalogue for him which fully follows his believes.
1. There is one Climate Change
2. You shall have no other fears
3. You shall not make yourself any other idol
4. Stop criticising Climate Change
5. Honour abortion and euthanasia - they reduce our population
6. You shall not kill any trees - they absorb dangerous CO2
7. You shall not commit a sin of being rich - think about kids in Africa
8. Everyone has a right to a given CO2 emission -do not exceed it
9.You should always watch your rich neighbours - they may cheat
10 You shall now covet anything what creates extra emissions. Breathe rationally! Disregard meat and cars
The lecture room was full of people. The most exciting moment was when neighbour from behind my back started to cough. She was close to leave her lungs on my left shoulders. Jesus! Something tells me that climate in Australia supports Swine flu.
We didn't see anyone heading toward train station. Most of the listeners came back home by car :)
hehehe Pawel - very caustic post. Be careful or the Inquisition could come to take you for interrogation! Breathe rationally!!!
ReplyDelete