I had a Great Time presenting my preliminary outcomes of my PhD project tonight to The Friends of Lake Claremont. Super interactive audience that do care for natural treasures we still can find in WA.
I simply have to diarize that Thrilling Tuesday (19 June 2018). That Tuesday didn't start anything special. Following one month or so of Christina's unflattering comments on my hairstyle I arranged a meeting with a hairdresser. Here we come - the roller coaster starts accelerating. The hairdresser turned out to be a rock/jazz band singer and I could not stop asking for more details. Is there anywhere a place on Earth, except for New Orleans, where singers recruit their fans by trimming their hair :) ? Anyway, here is one of the videos of that rock & roll hairdresser Barbarella Blue (like all well-established Kardashian-like stars in USA Barbarella Blue has Instagram too): A chatter with Barbarella made me come late to viewing World Cup game at the Botany Lab, Tulane University. Fan W. set up the projector and the live channel before I came. Few colleagues joined us in supporting Poland against Senegal. What a disgraceful game it was for Poland! One deflection off P...
I cant stand it anymore. The wise old people are again and again full of fear about the internet. Look what Jackie writes in Guardian magazine: When it comes to complicated issues, we also need time and space. Not everything can be whittled down to text messages. We are living in a world of fact boxes, ever shorter sentences and flatter, simpler statements; and I wonder if we can begin to resolve some of these complex challenges this way. I'm obviously not alone. It's been pointed out that the public appetite for live debates and lectures is growing fast; from book festivals to local protest meetings, there seems to be a celebration of direct contact that's going in the opposite direction to Facebook-ism. I never think about internet as a something what replaces my real life. I can’t even physically sit longer than two hours in front of computer. If it takes more time my head goes dizzy and I am close to faint. I need to get out of room and get some fresh air. This article...
That was a long Tuesday meeting. We were discussing our future goals and past mistakes. I came to know many interesting things about my coworkers I sit nearby in our lab. But I came to know much about myself too: I am a philosophical type. If someone sends me to the moon in order to undergo investigation on its dust I want to know why I go there. What is the reason for humans to start populate new places? Is it a greed, curiosity or business? We do not know how to live on Earth. If we are capable to destroy our planet there is no need to go to the moon.
Comments
Post a Comment